About Mike Thorn
In the 7 years of career in Software, I have been working with Startups for more than 4 years. It is challenging, but at the same time exhilarating to contribute across horizontals. I have been managing QA & Development teams for about 3 years building web, Mobile and standalone apps. In terms of Domain Experience I have worked in trade finance, banking, e-commerce, mobile commerce, mortgage, advertising, Big Data and Machine Learning. Over the years I have contributed in various capabilities across the whole Software development life cycle. I have extensive experience in the following roles:
1. Scrum Master, facilitating the team to set and accomplish their goals, interact with Product owners to define and prioritise the User Stories.
2. Product Owner, defining Product road map and translating the business expectations to User stories ( OR requirement documentation) and prioritization.
3. Managing Customer expectations from the product and providing them regular updates (not just the release notes but also sneak peak into the upcoming features)
4. Beta testing the product with a small set of customers and analysing feedback to take a decision on what should be incorporated in the product road map.
5. Conducting process trainings, implementing lean-agile methods to ensure the product is ever evolving with changing Customer expectations.
6. Managing whole gamut of teams comprising Business analysts, programmers, QAs and Customer Support agents.
7. Keeping the whole team motivated by organizing non-mandatory team events like on the spot team games (that do not take up more than 30 minutes), holiday lunches or all day outings.
8. Mentoring and guiding team members to grow and help them take advantage of available opportunities.
9. Managing software tools like JIRA, Asana, Bugzilla, TFS, Sharepoint, etc.
Along with this I have some amount of experience in pre-sales presentations, User trainings, documentating User manuals and working on short-term Proof of Concepts.
What people are saying about Review(s) for Mike Thorn
Sort by Feature
Sort by Date